Ignacio Del Río
Partner, Board Member, CEO
- CEO and Partner of Mineria Activa since 2011. Responsible for managing private equity investments for over $200mm.
- Founding Partner of Grupo Loa managing private equity investments in industrial and mining supplier companies.
- Mr. Del Rio is currently Board Director of several portfolio companies: BioLantanidos, Pampa Camarones, Exploradora and Marco C&I.
- Previously Mr. Del Rio was the Investment Manager of Bancard, the $3bn family office of Chile’s President Sebastian Piñera. Earlier in his career, Mr. Del Rio was a M&A executive at J.P.Morgan and an associate at the Boston Consulting Group.
- Mr. Del Rio holds a MBA from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and a MSc in Civil Industrial Engineering from Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile.